Hey Guys, welcome to File Border. In this article I am going to tell you What is Zip File and How can we create Zip File. Read the full article to know the full process.
What is Zip File?
Zip File is an Archive System that packs one or more computer files into a single file or folder and occupies less space than the original file. The Zip File is also called as Archive File. Actually, The Zip File is a container… where the original files are kept.
The purpose behind the Zip File is Transportation and Storage. Keeping multiple files in the same folder makes it easier to store and transport.
Extensions of .ZIP files are “.zip” or “.ZIP”.
Design of Zip Files
.ZIP files are archives that store multiple files. .ZIP files are compressed using many different methods, as well as files that can be stored without being compressed.
A directory is placed at the end of the .ZIP file. Identifies which files are in .ZIP and where .ZIP is located in that file. This allows .ZIP riders to load a list of files without reading the entire .ZIP archive.
The .ZIP archive may include additional data that is not related to the .ZIP archive. This allows a .ZIP archive to be created into a self-extracting archive.
Why do people use ZIP Files?
Zip Files helps to compress data. Therefore it takes less time and space to download them from the Internet or attach to the E-Mail.
Zip files are used for these specific uses:
- For Distributing the files over the Internet
- To Save the Disk Space
Working of a Zip File:
- It bundles one or more files into a single file.
- Its content is compressed as small as possible, it can be reduced to 90%.
- When you compress the files, the compression program will scan the file to compress repeated pieces of information.
How to Unzip Files:
- First of all, you need to download and install WinZip, WinRAR, or 7-Zip software.
- Once installed, these Archive software will now become part of your Windows system.
- Now double click on this Zip file.
- After this, with the option of Extract files, you can extract the files of this Zip File into a separate folder.
RAR, ARJ, and TAR:
Many different types of compressed files are available today. The principal of each is similar to that described above, but each compression format has its own benefits.
I hope you will understand the whole topic of ZIP and UNZIP. You can create Zip files to compress the file size by following the above steps. If you like this article please share this article with your Friends and Family.